Attention all Race Directors! Enclosed you will find the Regional Championship Bids for the Florida Region.. Please complete the form electronically. Open biding begins at July 5 – August 5, 2016. Decision making will take place on August 15, 2016. We will contact the Race Director by August 20, 2016.These are the list of races that we plan to hold in 2017:
- Regional Olympic Distance (1500 m swim / 40k bike / 10k run)
- Regional Long Course (1.2 mi swim / 56 mile bike / 13.1 mi run)d
- Regional Aqua Bike (1.2 mi swim / 56 mile bike )
- Regional Duathlon Standard (10k run / 40k bike / 5k run)
- Regional Duathlon Sprint (5k run / 20k bike / 2.5k run)
- Paratriathlon (.25 mi swim/ 12 mi bike / 3.1 mi run)
- Youth (7-10-year-olds: 100m swim, 5k bike, and 1k run / 11-15-year-olds: 200m swim, 10k bike, 2k run)
- Junior (.25 mi swim/ 12 mi bike / 3.1 mi run)
If you currently hold any of these races and is interesting in becoming a Regional Championship, please complete the following form:
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Race Director Liaison, Linden Fenton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEWS ARTICLE RACE DIRECTOR
It is the beginning of a new year for our sport. The USAT Florida Council wants to assist you to make your race less complicated. There is a member of our council, Linden Fenton, who is Race Director Committee chair. Linden will assist you in answering of questions and finding of available resources. Some other regions have had regional race director meetings to meet each other, exchange ideas and get updates from the National Office. Linden will in the next couple of months will be in contact with the race directors by email and telephone to introduce himself, discuss a possible meeting in a central location and make himself available to each race director. If you need to contact Linden, you may reach him at email@example.com.